Monday, September 15, 2008

Chocolate makes everything better

So I've finally moved into my apartment. The landlord wouldn't let me move in on Sep 7, like we arranged, because the builders hadn't yet finished fixing a bunch of things in my apartment. Eventually, the landlord let me move in on Sep 13. Despite the week's delay, every single thing that appeared broken on the 7th was still broken on the 13th. RAGE.

Having an actual apartment, however, is a much more relaxing feeling. On my inaugural night, I cooked some dinner, drank some wine, and watched the ships in the harbor while the sun set. Very pretty. Very relaxing. Then, I baked some chocolate-coffee cupcakes with buttercream icing. My icing failed a bit, but they were tasty nonetheless.

The best part, was that I took my surplus cupcakes to a BBQ thrown by our site director. The little kids loved the cupcakes, despite the fact that the icing was melting by the time I got to the party. Many of the kids ate more than one cupcake, and more than one of their tiny little faces were completely covered in chocolate. The icing on the cake was that the kids were extraordinarily hyper for the rest of the party. My rough estimate is that hyperness is a quadratic function in the number of cupcakes eaten, and inversely related to the size of the child. Watching the children terrorize each other, the dogs, and the adults made me feel that my job was well done.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?