Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And bread...

Today, I made some of that nice-n-easy no-knead-bread stuff. I gave it a good 29 hour rise time, and added rosemary, olives, and a dash of olive oil. Aside from setting off my smoke detector at 7am to the chagrin, I am sure, of my neighbors, it all went smooth as buttah. The result was super-amazingly-breadily-tasty, if just a wee bit too salty (i was heavy handed with the salt). The crust is unprecedented --- way better than I encountered on any of my previous bread baking attempts.

Surely, it is too much bread for me to eat before it starts to get stale, so I reserved some for breakfast and some for dinner, and put the rest out for my coworkers to enjoy. Hopefully this will make them more pliable when I ask them for performance data :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?